The MVEA will award two $250 scholarships each year, one Senior and one Junior, for the use of any MVEA associated activity held at Twin Towers Horse Park, i.e. clinics, schooling days, shows, or toward the costs involved in training to become a judge or course designer. Use of the scholarship for other educational purposes would require board approval. Current MVEA Officers and members of the MVEA Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
1) Must be a member of MVEA and in good standing.
2) Must do a minimum of 16 hours of MVEA-related volunteer work throughout the year that he or she is applying, at least 8 of which should be done at Twin Towers Park like work days or volunteering at a show or clinic. The rest of the volunteer hours should be any work that directly benefits MVEA, such as serving on a committee, or anything else for which MVEA requests volunteers. Hours must be recorded and signed off by the volunteer coordinator.
3) Must submit an application.
4) Must write a short essay to submit with the application that states how the applicant would use the scholarship.
5) Must not have won the scholarship more recently than 2 years prior to the year in which the applicant is applying.
6) Applications are due November 1.
The winner will be obligated to the following: 1) Must maintain membership and do 16 hours of additional MVEA-related volunteer work after the scholarship has been awarded.
1) Must submit receipt(s) show what he / she used the scholarship for.
2) Upon completed use of the scholarship, must write a short essay to the MVEA membership describing how he / she used the scholarship, AND what volunteering he / she did throughout the year, to include pictures and stories about the time you spent helping to improve Twin Towers Park. This essay will be published on the MVEA website.